Security Announcement for Applicants Visiting Visa Application Center
Due to the security reasons, the following items are restricted to be brought into or stored in the Application Center:
- All battery-operated or electronic devices such as video cameras, Audio/Video cassette, compact discs (CD), MP3 players, diskettes, laptop computers, portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, backpack, briefcase, luggage, leather / jute / textile bags and zippered document holders, etc. Only permitted is the plastic file which contains documents related to your application.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Any flammable material such as matchbox / lighter / benzene.
- Sharp objects such as scissors, sharpener or nail file.
- Firearms, objects similar to firearms or any explosive material,
The above list is not exhaustive. Other objects may also be prohibited upon the decision of Security Officer.
Due to the security reasons, the relevant parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts who accompany visa applicants are also prohibited to enter in the visa center. However, hearing-impaired / physically handicapped applicants or such applicants who do not speak the languages spoken in Visa Application Center are allowed to have interpreters with them.
There are no facilities in restricted items to store in the Visa Application Center. Applicants are requested to take other steps or use other facilities to store them before entering the center.