Student Visa


Students that are studying in Türkiye or Northern Cyprus shall apply for their visa at the preliminary visa application centers. After a student visa is obtained, a residency permit must be applied in Türkiye or Northern Cyprus. If students arrive to Türkiye on a touristic visa, applicant cannot apply for a student resident permit in the country. If the applicant is exempt from applying to Turkish visa, they can attend an educational institution in Northern Cyprus.
In the event of student visa applications if the applicant shall apply in conjunction with his/her family they shall apply for a companionship visa, otherwise the family member may not apply for a Turkish resident permit while in Türkiye.

- The original of the passport which is at least valid for 6 months starting by the arrival date in Türkiye, has at least two empty pages. - Copies of the passport, and if any older passports, ID details and previous visas.

Biometric Photograph
- 2 pcs biometric photograph, a size of 35x45mm, with white background, shot in the last 6 months.

A Valid Residence Document
- A photocopy of the identity card.

Valid Family Registration Documentation
- A photocopy of a family registration card.

Travel Health Insurance
- You are required to have travel health insurance which is valid in Türkiye for at least 6 months starting from the date of travel. You mustcan issue this Travel Health and Security iİnsurance at our prelimery visa application center, and other insurance policies sustiained from elsewhere shall not be accepted. 

Travel Documents
- Round-trip flight reservation (Optional.)

Documentation in relation to Education:
•    An acceptance letter from the educational institution in Türkiye which shall indicate, (program details and education duration.) The letter of acceptance shall be received at least within 6 months of the visa application.
•    The payment invoice in relation to the program. (If a scholarship is received, it must be documented in written from the sponsor.)
•    The diplomas and certificates the student has received from his/her own country. (Optional.)

Employment Documentation If Working İn a Public Body:
A documentation proving employment from the related public body, signed & stamped, an identity card that is valid from the related public body.

If applicant is dealing with imports and exports:
A reference letter signed and stamped received from the Chamber of Commerce showing the current activity and a valid trade card or export and import card.

If an Employee:
- A original guarantee letter from the related company (Company owner or a responsible individual must indicate the position of the applicant, start date of employment, the dates that has vacation approved from work and a documentation proving the applicant will return to his/her country and contact details including a name surname signature and official stamp.)

If a Company Owner:
- Company Registration Documentation (The originals.)
- If available bank statements for the previous 6 months, signed and stamped. 

If Retired:
•    The original retirement documentation and a documentation proving the amount of last pension received.

If an Employee working for a Union:
•    A documentation from the employed union stating the job title or a reference letter in which has to be signed and stamped.

If financing themselves by other means:
•    The applicant must provide documentation related to the correct category.

Documents Showing Financial Standing
- Bank account summary for the last 6 months, must be signed and stamped.
- If any, the documents related to the properties owned by applicant (title deed, license, etc.)
- If any, bank account summaries of a bank in Türkiye or documents related to the properties.

Documents Required For Minors Applicants:

•    Documents for Minor Applicants
•    Besides above-listed documents, the following documents must also be submitted for minor applicants:
•    If he/she alone makes application, a notarized letter of consent signed by both parents must be submitted.
•    - If one of the parents, together with his/her minor child, makes application (and other parent does not make application), then notarized letter of consent signed by non-applicant parent must be submitted. Where one or both parents have a valid visa - regardless of traveling along with his/her minor child -, if application is not made jointly with child, then said letter of consent must be submitted.
•    - If both parents jointly apply for the visa, then no letter of consent is required.
•    - In case of divorce, both parents must each submit letter of consent.
•    - If one of the parents is demised, then the death certificate of demised parent must be submitted.

Additional Documentation:

•    - Marriage document for family applications, birth certificate for children must be submitted
•    - If applicant previously resided in Türkiye, relevant residence document or work permit
•    - If applicant previously resided in a country other than Türkiye, relevant residence document.
•    - If any, previously received Türkiye visa.
•    - If any, current or previously received Schengen / USA / UK visa,
•    - Applicants with dual citizenship are required to submit documents related to 2nd citizenship.
•    - If you have someone who will company your travel, copy of his/her valid visa, and flight reservation must be submitted.

For further information, please contact our call center team on 00964 772 995 4444