IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRANSIT VISA
In the event of the applicant having a connection flight from Türkiye, if the applicant does not exit the transit area & stays in the airport, they shall not need to apply for a transit visa. If, however, applicant shall leave the airport they shall need to apply for a transit visa. Depending on if whether the applicant will return to Türkiye they can apply for a single or multiple transit visa.
If the applicant shall travel to Northern Cyprus and will not leave the airport there is no need for a transit visa. If you are exempt from applying for a Turkish visa, you will not need to apply for a transit visa to leave the airport during connection flights.
A transit visa will allow a single entry to Türkiye and will only allow a transition from Türkiye. If the applicant plans to stay longer period in Türkiye they shall apply for a touristic visa, we recommend for the applicant to examine our section about the necessary documents for touristic visas on our webpage. If the applicant shall enter and exit from Türkiye, we recommend for a double transit visa application to be made.
Required Documentation for a Transit Visa;
The original of the passport which is at least valid for 6 months starting by the arrival date in Türkiye and has at least two empty pages. - Copies of the passport, and if any older passports, ID details and previous visas.
2 pcs biometric photograph, a size of 35 x 45mm, with white background, shot in the last 6 months.
A photocopy of the original identity card of individual.
Family Registration Documentation
A photocopy of the original family registration documentation.
Residency Permit For Foreigners
Applicants apart from Iraqi nationals must provide a photocopy of their original Turkish Residency Permit.
The documentation foreseen for transport as means of proof, this could be (flight tickets and if shall arrive with car legal documentation of the related car, license of driver, insurance documentation.)
Accommodation information is requiring as proof of stay, (if the person who is arriving to Türkiye has a residency permit the applicant does not need to identify proof of accommodation.)
Employment Documentation If Working İn a Public Body:
A documentation proving employment from the related public body, signed & stamped, an identity card that is valid from the related public body.
If applicant is dealing with imports and exports:
A reference letter signed and stamped received from the Chamber of Commerce showing the current activity and a valid trade card or export and import card.
If an Employee:
A original guarantee letter from the related company (Company owner or a responsible individual must indicate the position of the applicant, start date of employment, the dates that has vacation approved from work and a documentation proving the applicant will return to his/her country and contact details including a name surname signature and official stamp.)
If a Company Owner:
Company Registration Documentation (The originals.)
If available bank statements for the previous 6 months, signed and stamped.
The original retirement documentation and a documentation proving the amount of last pension received.
If an Employee working for a Union:
A documentation from the employed union stating the job title or a reference letter in which has to be signed and stamped.
If financing themselves by other means:
The applicant must provide documentation related to the correct category.
Documents Showing Financial Standing
Bank account summary for the last 6 months, must be signed and stamped.
If any, the documents related to the properties owned by applicant (title deed, license, etc.)
If any, bank account summaries of a bank in Türkiye or documents related to the properties.
Documents for minors:
Documents for Minor Applicants
Besides above-listed documents, the following documents must also be submitted for minor applicants:
- If he/she alone makes application, a notarized letter of consent signed by both parents must be submitted.
- If one of the parents, together with his/her minor child, makes application (and other parent does not make application), then notarized letter of consent signed by non-applicant parent must be submitted. Where one or both parents have a valid visa - regardless of traveling along with his/her minor child -, if application is not made jointly with child, then said letter of consent must be submitted.
- If both parents jointly apply for the visa, then no letter of consent is required.
- In case of divorce, both parents must each submit letter of consent.
- If one of the parents is demised, then the death certificate of demised parent must be submitted.
- Marriage document for family applications, birth certificate for children must be submitted
- If applicant previously resided in Türkiye, relevant residence document or work permit
- If applicant previously resided in a country other than Türkiye, relevant residence document.
- If any, previously received Türkiye visa.
- If any, current or previously received Schengen / USA / UK visa,
- Applicants with dual citizenship are required to submit documents related to 2nd citizenship.
- If you have someone who will company your travel, copy of his/her valid visa, and flight reservation must be submitted.